Sunday, October 23, 2016

Job Description

I do not have a current job description, so I created my own.  I'd like to write - anything and everything that no one else volunteers to do, PLUS an effective classroom teacher.  I know that probably summarizes each and everyone of us, so here is the best I could do - 

Plan, organize and implement a science instructional program with rigor and high expectations that aligns with NGSS standards for grades 6-8.  Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.  Use 1:1 iPads to support and differentiate instruction in a 90 minute A/B block schedule.  Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing positive relationships and enforcing rules and procedures.  Participate in Technology team, leadership team, Academic Excellence Team, Literacy Team.  Lead middle school staff in charge of communicating necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.   Lead all professional learning on technology implementation.  Work with staff in grades K-12 on technology integration.   Coach middle school volleyball.  Lead the summer garden club and run the school garden throughout the year.   

2 comments:

  1. Heather, your description certainly resonates with me. It sounds like you are active in nearly every facet of your school!

    Teachers are expected to manage a variety of tasks, some procedural, some technical, and some interpersonal. I think I would add Educator Effectiveness work and student assessement to your list. Attention to detail can be an important skill/disposition for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a thorough description, Heather! I was wondering if all of these things are a part of your required job duties or if some of them are additional roles that, since you enjoy these aspects, that you have picked up? I was thinking about my job description and there are some roles that I take on because I enjoy the opportunity to work on things I love, other things are unspoken expectations of my role. Just wondering. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete